Our solutions for asphalt products
Our Clim@Add® aggregate is a very versatile material. In addition to incorporation into concrete, we have identified another field with high scaling potential in asphalt production. Even at a low dosage of 2%, for example, 6,000 tons of CO2 can be stored each year in the case of an annual production of around 100,000 tons of asphalt. We have therefore optimized our Clim@Add® aggregate for use in asphalt.
In Germany, over 80% of asphalt pavements are recycled and used for the construction of new roads. But despite the high recycling rates, the carbon footprint of asphalt production remains high. Our Clim@Add®AC can save further emissions here as an additional carbon sink. At the same time, the compound remains stable even after countless recycling cycles, as the Clim@Add®AC becomes part of the matrix of the asphalt and remains permanently intact.
We currently assume that up to 5% Clim@Add®AC can be incorporated per ton of asphalt. With an annual production of around 20 million tons of asphalt mix in Germany in 2021 alone, this could save over 2 million tons of CO2.
short and sweet
- 1 kg of Clim@Add® can store up to 3 kg of CO2.
- Clim@Add® is easy and direct to install.
- Clim@Add® can be used to adapt material properties and thus replace additives from fossil raw material sources.
- The carbon used is EBC certified.
- In accordance with the Closed Substance Cycle Waste Management Act, the solution represents a higher-value utilization stage compared to incineration.
- Biogas and heat generated during production can be used as CO2-neutral energies.
Road renewal Vorarlberg
At the end of 2020, we have already realized the first successful trials with Clim@Add®AC. Within the scope of a pilot project, we have installed the road surface after connecting new users to the district heating network....